Dalgona coffee is the new viral favourite of coffee lovers in self-isolation – not only is the drink easy to make, it’s also incredibly delicious. Learn how to make this creamy coffee at home with simple ingredients and discover ways to spruce up the recipe for coffee-free versions!
THE CLASSIC COFFEE
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 tbsp. granulated brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- a pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Combine the coffee, sugar and boiling water in a bowl with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Whip the mixture for 2-5 minutes or until a smooth creamy texture is achieved.
- Pour the milk into a tall glass, leaving ¼ of the glass empty. You can add ice or warm the milk for a hot coffee.
- Spoon the coffee cream into the glass of milk and let it dissolve or stir to combine more quickly.
- Savour your homemade Dalgona coffee!
For those who prefer tea, swap out the instant coffee for matcha powder and use chilled heavy cream instead of boiling water. Serve this drink with cold milk and top it off with an extra dusting of matcha powder for an added wow factor.
If you want to impress your grandkids or just prefer being caffeine-free, whip up a milo version of this drink. Simply replace the instant coffee with 2 tablespoons of milo powder for a sweet treat that’s sure to be a hit.
Watch our e-learning video and learn how to make your very own Dalgona coffee with PA Trainer Anthony Lee!